You may be encountering people over the age of 60 facing issues around their housing needs. Where can they and you turn for help in what are often complex situations?
‘STEPS to stay independent’ is a free, confidential, short-term support service funded by East Sussex County Council for people aged 60 or over with a housing support issue, to help them to stay living independently.
All STEPS advisors are trained to provide every aspect of the service and offer person-centred support, designed around the needs of the individual.
The service offers a range of support to eligible individuals including:
- Looking into more suitable accommodation
- Dealing with tenancy and mortgage worries
- Keeping warm and reducing energy bills
- Ensuring your home is safe
- Managing household bills and debts
- Obtaining daily living equipment
In addition to supporting with housing issues we can also help you with:
- Accessing benefit advice and debt management
- Managing long term physical health conditions
- Finding community transport.
- Taking part in healthy living activities
- Accessing local social groups or activities in your area.
- Accessing advice and support for your carer
- Approaching other organisations.
- Getting online.