St Andrew’s Church, Alfriston, East Sussex.
We wish to appoint a Benifice Administrator to provide administration support to the Cuckmere Churches. Based in the dedicated Benefice office at St Andrew’s Church – the ‘Cathedral of the Downs’ – in the idyllic village of Alfriston, this post offers the successful candidate a fulfilling and challenging opportunity to contribute fully within our busy and thriving community .
The mission of the Ministry Team is not only conducted at St Andrew’s, but also at the four other churches in the Benefice; at Westdean, Litlington, Lullington and Folkington. Services, including Sunday worship, weddings, baptism, and funerals are conducted throughout the Benefice, and thus the Administrator holds a pivotal enabling position. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and is well-suited to an enthusiastic, proactive and engaging individual who is looking to manage and develop the ouput of the Benefice office. Responsible to the Rector, you will assist the Rector, Ministry Team, Churchwardens and others in the work of ministry and mission of the Benefice, by providing efficient administrative support.
The succesful candidiate will be:
- Well organised, proactive, and self-motivated and able to multi-task to tight deadlines.
- Personable, friendly and welcoming to all in contact with the Benefice.
- Able to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing and able to use internet and email.
- In sympathy with the Christian Faith and the ethos of the Church of England.
Based in the Benenfice office, this is a part time role, offering employment for 50 hours (0.3 pro rated) each calendar month (ideally including from 9.30 to 12 noon each weekday) though this can be flexible and subject to discussion. You will enjoy the happy and active community while being paid at a starting rate of £12.00 per hour (£7500 per annum).
How to Apply:
- Interest in the post should be expressed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, or by phoning the Benefice Office on 01323 871093, and requesting the necessary application form by return.
- Applications will close by 12 noon on Monday, 28th August 2023.